We are committed to the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi - partnership, protection and participation and reflect the dual heritage of Aotearoa through our programmes, documentation and practices. We acknowledge Te Whaariki, the New Zealand Early Childhood Curriculum. It guides and inspires us as teachers.
* Empower me to make decisions and strive to become independent
* Encourage and challenge me to be a problem solver and investigator, to know myself and to lead my own learning
* Value my self initiated investigations, experimentations and creative expression
* Embrace technology practices that assist my learning quests
* Treasure my unique gifts, curiosities, passions and potential
* Make time to listen to me, respect my views and celebrate my cultural heritage and identity
* Value the funds of knowledge that my families and whanau bring the kindergarten setting and join them in partnership that helps me to learn and grow to my full potential
* Be committed and passionate in regard to their own professional growth and development as an important part of ensuring a high standard of teaching
* Develop an environment where sustainable practices and thinking as an integral part of the curriculum and in developing life long learning skills, knowledge and understandings
ERO Report 2015
We are located next to Albany Primary School on Bass Road and have a wide catchment area with children transitioning to many local primary schools (Albany, Coatesville, Oteha Valley, Upper Harbour and Ridge View School.)
Albany Kindergarten operates a kindergarten day model.
Our sessions are:
Mon to Fri 8:30am - 2:30pm