FTE Teacher (40 hrs per week), Permanent - Torbay Kindergarten
40 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Starts 21st January 2019
Talented, experienced teacher required
Torbay kindergarten is an attractive kindergarten on the North Shore with a spacious and inviting indoor/outdoor environment. Children are very much in charge of their own learning and teachers are fully engaged with following and supporting their learning with provocations and conversations.
The passionate teaching team is keen to welcome an experienced teacher who can contribute their wealth of knowledge to the kindergarten experience that the community so values. Torbay Kindergarten has an exceptional reputation in the community and is well supported in all its community events and the regular excursions to the beach.
The children attend 8.30am - 2.30pm with the younger age group on Thursdays and Fridays and older children Monday to Wednesday.
Teachers enjoy excellent working conditions under the Kindergarten Teachers Collective Agreement (KTCA) (8am – 4.30pm, 6 weeks annual leave, 3 weeks professional time, generous non-contact time) along with the security of being part of the supportive Northern Auckland Free Kindergarten Association.
We’d love to hear from you if you:
· Share our commitment to ensuring all children experience an exceptional early childhood education
· Have strong documentation skills
· Are a supportive team member who can also shoulder responsibility
· Have recent successful teaching experience with 3-5 year old children
ALL applicants must:
- Hold a NZ recognised ECE teaching qualification,
- Hold current NZ Teacher Certification,
- Hold a current (or be willing to attain) First Aid Certificate and
- Are a NZ citizen/resident or hold a valid NZ work visa
Feel free to visit the kindergarten to see a high functioning kindergarten in action.
The position will commence at the beginning of Term 1 2019 (21st January 2019)
Relisted Vacancy - Applicants that have applied previously, please do not re-apply
How to apply
Please send a detailed and accurate CV, a cover letter and direct enquiries to:
Vacancy reference #:1H9pGN
Closing Date: 3.00pm, 14th December 2018